It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 

Oh my gosh I don't believe I'm doing this again

Post subject: Oh my gosh I don't believe I'm doing this again
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:18 pm 

I've started the new job, I'm buried and I love it, but I have GOT to learn to say no. When I got home tonight I got a phone call and I knew the # it was a kitchen client that I had done the kitchen for last year............BUT...........he's also a member over at the VFW post.......they want me to paint the logo for each of the military branches on a wall......something like 5 or 6 he wasn't sure.......I asked him where are these and he laughed and said they are at ground level, you won't need a lift LOL...........he said we will pay you, we love the sign you did so much, we want the same type of work for these...........I told him, nah you won't pay me, I'll do it but you all keep your money........I reminded him that I work, so this may take a while because I have to do it on my days off........I asked him to send me examples of the logos they wanted and I would start to get everything set up to do these for them.

so.............I'm back out at the post doing some more art work for them....I should have said no, I'm really busy with a new job....I'd love to but I can't and I'm sure they would have understood.......but I just couldn't tell them no..........I just couldn't do it.........so...........I'll be back out in the sun, back out with the homeless people at 6:am LOL doing yet again a bunch of lettering, which I hate doing, and some other figures for the post...............when I get this done, someone out there is gonna owe me a gin and tonic LOL

©

Post subject: Re: Oh my gosh I don't believe I'm doing this again
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:51 pm 
You are one terrific lady...tired I'm sure but terrific nonetheless! As the wife of a vet, thank you! :armthrow:

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:02 am 

don't thank me Nonny..........it's my way of thanking all those vets and the wives who kept the home fires burning

©

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:28 pm 

Sly, I always knew you had a big heart. Now the secret is out! Congratulations! Just pace yourself! LOL!

©

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:31 pm 

Taegan's right Sly...pace yourself.

I'm sure that they will understand.

Hope you will share some pictures with us again! :armthrow:

©

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:59 pm 

I will pace myself.........this one shouldn't be as bad, time wise, as the big sign.........it's on the ground, that's always a big plus for me LOL..........and the area is only a 5'x9' area...........something that size shouldn't take me all that long..........I figure at 5 or 6 logo's, each will have to be no bigger then a 2" diameter........it's just all that small lettering I hate doing and there will be a TON of that, that's what will take the time..............and sure I'll post photos as I go..........not sure when I"m starting it, I'm still waiting on the email from Jerry as to what ones they want up there.........heck I don't even know what wall they are talking about yet, hopefully he include all that in the email

©

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:51 am 

How nice of you to do that! Please do keep us updated here on your progress.

©

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]